Easy Craft Projects and Ideas: Velcro Ribbon Belts
Looking for a fun, fast, and affordable crafts project you can complete with your child at home? Velcro is one of those wonderfully versatile, incomprehensibly underutilized materials that can be used to make a multitude of accessories that both kids and parents can wear with pride. In this short article, we will teach you how to make Velcro ribbon belts.
What you will need:
- 30 inches of 1″ webbing
- 40 inches 1″ themed ribbon pattern (Hello Kitty, Batman, etc.)
- 1 Sewing machine
- 1 D-ring
- 2 pieces of Velcro
(Altogether, that’s only around $2 in supplies!)
1. Sew the ribbon to the webbing, leaving the extra 10 inches of ribbon all on one side. Take it slow to show your child just how to easy it can be to use a standard sewing machine.
2. Add the D-ring to the end that does not have webbing, then fold the edge under and sew the ribbon together.
3. Carefully sew the end shut around the D-ring. Make sure it’s secure!
4. Thread the other end of the belt through the D-ring and sew two pieces of Velcro where the person wearing the belt will need it.
5. You’re done!