Holiday Uses For Hook and Loop Tape
During the holiday season you have enough on your plate between spending time with family, cooking and gift shopping. Decorating should be a simple task that you can get done within an hour. Problem meet solution: Hook and Loop Tape.
Hook and Loop adhesive products make decorating your mantlepiece, walls and pictures easy and painless. No need to endure sticky tape that ruins your decorations, wall paint and sanity.
Keep reading to check out some awesome Christmas decorations you can create with hook and loop tape.
Uses For Hook and Loop Tape During The Holidays:
-Hang garland around the living room. Garland is an absolute staple when it comes to decorating for the holidays but you can avoid the staples, nails and tacks with Hook and Loop tape. You don’t want to leave lasting damage on your walls that will be noticeable once January comes around.
-Hang stockings. You can avoid holes in your mantlepiece easily by using hook and loop tape to attach stockings to your fireplace. Nails can easily dislodge or become slanted, resulting in stockings falling out and breaking the gifts inside. Hook and loop tape fixtures will secure each stocking with the safety it deserves.
-Hang a holiday wreath. Wreaths are one of the most classic Christmas decorations! These festive holiday symbols add a traditional touch to your holiday decor. You can easily attach one of these to your door or window within seconds by applying hook and loop tape to the back and it will be secure throughout the holiday.
-Christmas lights. Indoor or outdoor, hook and loop tape will secure your lights all around the house. With all the light bulb sizes and cord lengths available, decorations can get heavy. Make sure to use heavy-duty or strong-adhesive hook and loop tape to ensure all your hard work stays in place.
-Kid’s artwork. Everyone deserves their moment of artistic fame. Every parent can’t wait to boast their kids’ artwork regardless of what it is. Use hook and loop tape to debut the future Picassos’ artwork throughout the house. After the holidays, you can replace the old art with new!
-Cardboard gingerbread house. It might be fun to decorate and eat gingerbread houses but this version will definitely save you from the extra calories and sugar. Consider making a cardboard gingerbread house with the children. It’s an easy, kid-friendly activity that’s mostly mess free when you use hook and loop tape instead of glue as an adhesive. You can even make little gingerbread people to go along with their home. Get creative and have fun with this one!
-Use to organize after the holidays. Nothing’s worse than opening the ‘Christmas Decorations’ box and seeing a disorganized headache (tangled Christmas lights, garland and extension cords). Use your left-over hook and loop tape to organize your decorations for next year.
How To Decorate The Fireplace Mantle This Holiday Season
To decorate the fireplace mantle you need a small number of simple items that can be bought for a low cost at your local hardware store. Here are a few simple steps to decorate your fireplace mantle during your next party:
- Step 1: create a template triangle that should be 6.5 inches across and in height. You can use this template to create the pendants of the decoration.
- Step 2: get two pieces of fabric and layer them. The two pieces should have different color combinations and it is up to you to decide what they could be.
- Step 3: using the triangle templates you have created in step 1 trace the triangles onto the fabric. To start with do 3 traces for each color that you have. You can always add more later if there isn’t enough.
- Step 4: with a quarter of an inch seam allowance sew the triangles together and also leave the base of the triangles open.
- Step 5: Turn pennants right-side out and press.
- Step 6: Sew openings closed using a zig-zag stitch.
- Step 7: Now you can use hook and loop tape to adhere the pieces together so that the decoration can take its form on the fireplace mantle.
Make Your Christmas Decorations More Convenient
There’s plenty to be done around the holidays. Although putting up Christmas decorations can be fun, it doesn’t have to take up too much of your time.
Keep all your fun holiday decor minus the timely hassle by adding hook and loop tape to your decorating method. Check out our supply to order yours today!