Back To School Hacks: Creative Ways to Use Velcro In The Classroom and More!
How Teachers Use Velcro Dots In Bulk
Velcro makes many projects easier. Teachers often purchase Velcro dots in bulk because they serve so many functions in a classroom. Some examples include:
- Hanging up days of the week and months of the year for Calendar Time
- Posting students’ Weekly Jobs so they are easy to switch out
- Sticking up weather cards: Cloudy, Windy Rainy, Sunny
Feiner Supply, established in 1945, is a source for Velcro products, shears, polyester webbing and more.
How to Use Velcro Rolls in Bulk
Cut Velcro the desired size for the following projects:
1. Organize stuffed animals in your home.
After buying Velcro rolls in bulk, attach a sheet to the playroom wall and pieces to your children’s stuffed animals. Your kids will love sticking their cuddly toys to the wall while helping you clean up.
2. Keep tablecloth from flying away outside.
Whether eating outside on your patio or having a picnic at the park, it’s no fun when the tablecloth blows away with a gust of wind. Attach Velcro to the bottom of the tablecloth and the top of the table to keep it firmly in place.
3. Remove pills from your sweater collection.
Pull out your sweaters from storage, and make them look as good as new. The hook side of Velcro can remove pills from fabric and eliminate pills once and for all.
4. Tie up your computer cords.
A strip of Velcro will keep your computer cords together so that they don’t get out of control. Wrap a piece around the cords to contain them quickly and easily.
5. Pen and paper handy
If you’re tired of always having to hunt for a pen when you want to jot something on your calendar, purchasing Velcro rolls in bulk is the solution. Put a piece of Velcro on the calendar and a pen to keep writing implements handy. You can even use Velcro to attach a memo pad to your car dashboard.
6. Organize the garage.
Tools can get out of control in the garage. Stop wasting your time searching; hang them on the wall with a strip of Velcro, and you will always be able to find what you need.
To purchase Velcro dots in bulk, or any of the other supplies available from Feiner Supply, call us today at 1-800-645-3256!
Unique Ways to Personalize Your Stuff with Hook and Loop
Hook and Loop tape is an easy-to-use and durable fastener that was invented in 1941 by a Swiss engineer. It has one side with hooks and another with loops. When you press the sides together, the hooks catch on the loops. They’re easy to attach and detach, and they provide reliable, secure fastening. Most hook and loop tape has a sticky side to make attaching it to objects easy. You can also sew it on. Here are some easy ways to personalize your stuff with hook and loop tape.
Make Your Office Cubicle Your Own
Many people have office spaces that look depressingly identical to every other spot in their workplace. Fortunately, you can use hook and loop tape to hang pictures, calendars, daily to-do lists, and other decor without damaging the cubicle wall with a nail or making a lot of noise with a hammer. Some cubicles have carpet wall coverings to reduce noise, so you won’t need to attach the loop side to the wall. You can just stick the hook side to the object you want to hang. The carpet will act as the loop side when you place it on the wall.
Label Backpacks and Other Accessories
You can sew or glue hook and loop tape to kids’ backpacks, calculators, laptops, and notebooks. Then, just attach a patch or a cardboard printout with your child’s name or their favorite animal or cartoon character. That way, he or she will be able to keep track of belongings better. To let another child use a personalized object, just change the patch or printout.
10 Creative Hook and Loop Uses for Back to School Classrooms
Hook and Loop uses are only limited by your imagination. In the classroom – hook and loop can do so much – from organizing the classroom to creating learning possibilities in nearly every subject. Plus, hook and loop products fit nearly every budget – large or small. Here’s a list of creative uses as you prepare your classroom for back to school.
1. Hanging Pictures, Charts, Maps, and Other Displays – Hook and loop products make hanging everything in the classroom easier – without the use of tacks or nails! Since hook and loop comes in a variety of strengths, widths, and can be cut to the right length, they can hold the heaviest to the lightest all school year long. Decorating is fast and easy with hook and loop – and changing displays throughout the year is simple!
2. Keep Rugs, Activity Mats, and More Securely in Place – Placing hook and loop on the back of rugs and mats, and on the floor, means no more slipping and sliding, and adds an extra measure of safety to the classroom.
3. Attach Markers, Pens, Chalk, Erasers to the Wall, Whiteboard, or Chalkboard – Hook and loop attachments on your markers, pens, chalk erasers, and the wall, whiteboard, or chalkboard means they will always be in a place where you can find them. Plus, no more messy hands and clothes because you can’t find the eraser, and no more wasted time searching for missing items.
4. Arrange Cords, Wires, and Cables Safely – Hook and Loop is the ideal tool for strapping and organizing cords, wires, and cables which can pose safety hazards for children and teachers in the classroom (particularly trip and falls). Cords, wires, and cables can be bound neatly and effectively and even color-coded according to their use.
5. Keep Pens, Pencils, Markers, Crayons, Glue Sticks and more – organized and easy to find – Using hook and loop to hold like-items together on your desk or in your students’ pencil boxes means everyone always has the tools they need for the next big project. Hook and loop can also hold together pencil boxes to the top or side of your students’ desks or cubbies.
6. Label with Ease – From learning the names of your new students to labeling cubbies, desks, and storage areas, hook and loop is the ideal solution. With hook and loop, you can attach students’ names to the back of their chairs or desks, without distracting them and helping you learn names quickly. On top of that, hook and loop with labeling allows you to decorate cubbies and storage bins with colorful signs labeling what is inside.
7. Control Kids’ Gear – Hook and Loop is the perfect way to fasten protective smocks during painting, crafts, or messy experiments. Also, hook and loop can be used to keep nap mats rolled up when not in use or hang backpacks or lunchboxes up and out of the way.
8. Create Interactive Activities – Hook and Loop supplies bring displays to life. Collages become interactive, matching games take on new life, counting, reciting the alphabet, and spelling becomes easier.
9. Develop Arts and Crafts with Interchangeable Parts – Imagine crafts and artwork which can be manipulated by students – from changing the weather conditions of a favorite drawing to moving characters in and out of a playground drawings, to a crafty television or computer screen whose message changes daily. By spurring the imagination, cognition is enhanced!
10. Reinforce Learning with Hands-On Lesson Activities – Hook and loop can help you teach with creative interactive maps, help students understand weather forecasting, reinforce math concepts, diagram sentences, and more. Learning is reinforced in colorful, textural, and engaging ways.
Supplied with your hook and loop, you are now ready to prepare for a better than ever school year! Check out our website for the many hook and loop varieties and for more great ideas. Whether you need lots or only a little, contact us for more information.
DIY Back to School Backpacks with Velcro
It’s that time of year when the kids go back to school. Help them create their own do-it-yourself backpack with the magic of Velcro this year! Using simple supplies like cloth and Velcro, you can make a stylish backpack or bag for any age child. You can even make pencil holders and other carrying cases. Check out the video below. And get Hook and loop coins here.