How to Decorate the Fireplace Mantle This Holiday Season
To decorate the fireplace mantle you need a small number of simple items that can be bought for a low cost at your local hardware store. Here are a few simple steps to decorate your fireplace mantle during your next party:
- Step 1: create a template triangle that should be 6.5 inches across and in height. You can use this template to create the pendants of the decoration.
- Step 2: get two pieces of fabric and layer them. The two pieces should have different color combinations and it is up to you to decide what they could be.
- Step 3: using the triangle templates you have created in step 1 trace the triangles onto the fabric. To start with do 3 traces for each color that you have. You can always add more later if there isn’t enough.
- Step 4: with a quarter of an inch seam allowance sew the triangles together and also leave the base of the triangles open.
- Step 5: Turn pennants right-side out and press.
- Step 6: Sew openings closed using a zig-zag stitch.
- Step 7: Now you can use hook and loop tape to adhere the pieces together so that the decoration can take its form on the fireplace mantle.