10 Creative Hook and Loop Uses for Back to School Classrooms
Hook and Loop uses are only limited by your imagination. In the classroom – hook and loop can do so much – from organizing the classroom to creating learning possibilities in nearly every subject. Plus, hook and loop products fit nearly every budget – large or small. Here’s a list of creative uses as you prepare your classroom for back to school.
- Hanging Pictures, Charts, Maps, and Other Displays – Hook and loop products make hanging everything in the classroom easier – without the use of tacks or nails! Since hook and loop comes in a variety of strengths, widths, and can be cut to the right length, they can hold the heaviest to the lightest all school year long. Decorating is fast and easy with hook and loop – and changing displays throughout the year is simple!
- Keep Rugs, Activity Mats, and More Securely in Place – Placing hook and loop on the back of rugs and mats, and on the floor, means no more slipping and sliding, and adds an extra measure of safety to the classroom.
- Attach Markers, Pens, Chalk, Erasers to the Wall, Whiteboard, or Chalkboard – Hook and loop attachments on your markers, pens, chalk erasers, and the wall, whiteboard, or chalkboard means they will always be in a place where you can find them. Plus, no more messy hands and clothes because you can’t find the eraser, and no more wasted time searching for missing items.
- Arrange Cords, Wires, and Cables Safely – Hook and Loop is the ideal tool for strapping and organizing cords, wires, and cables which can pose safety hazards for children and teachers in the classroom (particularly trip and falls). Cords, wires, and cables can be bound neatly and effectively and even color-coded according to their use.
- Keep Pens, Pencils, Markers, Crayons, Glue Sticks and more – organized and easy to find – Using hook and loop to hold like-items together on your desk or in your students’ pencil boxes means everyone always has the tools they need for the next big project. Hook and loop can also hold together pencil boxes to the top or side of your students’ desks or cubbies.
- Label with Ease – From learning the names of your new students to labeling cubbies, desks, and storage areas, hook and loop is the ideal solution. With hook and loop, you can attach students’ names to the back of their chairs or desks, without distracting them and helping you learn names quickly. On top of that, hook and loop with labeling allows you to decorate cubbies and storage bins with colorful signs labeling what is inside.
- Control Kids’ Gear – Hook and Loop is the perfect way to fasten protective smocks during painting, crafts, or messy experiments. Also, hook and loop can be used to keep nap mats rolled up when not in use or hang backpacks or lunchboxes up and out of the way.
- Create Interactive Activities – Hook and Loop supplies bring displays to life. Collages become interactive, matching games take on new life, counting, reciting the alphabet, and spelling becomes easier.
- Develop Arts and Crafts with Interchangeable Parts – Imagine crafts and artwork which can be manipulated by students – from changing the weather conditions of a favorite drawing to moving characters in and out of a playground drawings, to a crafty television or computer screen whose message changes daily. By spurring the imagination, cognition is enhanced!
- Reinforce Learning with Hands-On Lesson Activities – Hook and loop can help you teach with creative interactive maps, help students understand weather forecasting, reinforce math concepts, diagram sentences, and more. Learning is reinforced in colorful, textural, and engaging ways.
Supplied with your hook and loop, you are now ready to prepare for a better than ever school year! Check out our website for the many hook and loop varieties and for more great ideas. Whether you need lots or only a little, contact us for more information.